Ferrotec’s MeiVac team brings more than 30 years of experience as an industry leader in providing high-quality thin film manufacturing systems, components and process solutions. As a multi-faceted supplier of standard and specialty vacuum processing systems and components used in multiple high technology production and development applications, MeiVac has served markets include data storage, photonics, solar, telecom and Government/R&D, among others.
Over the years, MeiVac has developed increasingly sophisticated thin film deposition equipment and processes to meet ever more stringent customer needs:
- Landmark RF Diode dielectric sputtering systems enabling high throughput deposition of thick alumina layers used in Thin Film Heads.
- Multi-chamber processing on our MCT-8000 Series cluster platform to allow multi-layer insitu processing or higher thruput single layer processing.
- Precise film property control, including exceptional film thickness uniformities.
- A process development team to help customers optimize process and equipment performances for their specific applications.
- An expanded Components Product Line resulting from the acquisition of US, Inc. and their popular MAK sputter sources and substrate heaters.
- A broad range of high-precision vacuum throttle valves.
- Complex sub-systems designed for customer’s unique requirements, often incorporating MeiVac sputter sources, substrate heaters, etc.
Founded on a technology core of Ferrofluid magnetic liquid and Ferrofluidic® sealing products, our company and our product portfolio have grown to meet the evolving needs of our customers. Ferrotec is now a global enterprise characterized by substantial intercompany cooperation in research, manufacturing and marketing of products.
Ferrotec (USA) Corporation is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Our operations are focused on North American markets with facilities in Bedford, New Hampshire; San Jose, California; and Livermore, California. Ferrotec (USA) Corp. employs over 200 people in the design, manufacture, sales and marketing of a broad line of products.
- Strong commitment to our customers
- Excellence in engineering precision solutions
- Delivering superior quality, value and service
Ferrotec at a Glance
- Regional Operation Centers in North America, Europe, Japan, China, and Singapore
- Manufacturing Locations in the USA, Germany, Japan, and China
- 7000 employees worldwide
Our Core Businesses
Globally, Ferrotec serves customers through many applications and industries. In the North American markets we focus on select business segments, increasing our speed and efficiency working with customers in those industries. While our knowledge base is particularly strong in these areas, our product groups share their expertise, making Ferrotec very adaptable in the shape of changing market synergies.
- Ferrofluidic Seals
- E-Beam Components
- MeiVac Systems
- Machinable Ceramics
- Fabricated Quartz
- CVD-SiC Parts
- Process Tool Parts Cleaning
- Temescal Systems
- MeiVac Components
- Advanced Ceramics
- Power Electronic Substrates
- SiFusion Furnaceware
- Silicon Wafers
- Contract Manufacturing